martes, 27 de mayo de 2008

This is my first blog post ever!


This is the first post that I have ever put on a blog... well after putting one in "writingatusb" in teacher's blog, oh, well, this is the second post, it seems that this is not special then.
Well dispite this post is not so special, I need to say that this is going to be a great opportunity to continue writing informally because that's still important for us.
First of all (ha, ha) if someone that is not in our "therapy group", access to this group, I think that I have to introduce myself and the course.
Well, I'm a student of the Simon Bolivar University (USB or in this case SBU) and me and a tons of students (defining "tons" as 7 or 8 people) have to create a blog and write about ourselves, our life and maybe about something that we read or listen that we think that could be important. This is only about a 0.5 or 1% of the things that we have to do in the "Introduction to Scientific Writing 2008" course. But in teacher´s defence (ha, ha), this has helped us to improve our writing skills and I think that's the main point of taking this course.

4 comentarios:

Writer dijo...

Ohh I really liked your Homero's picture! hehe!! And this is nice!! We can write freely and INFORMAL!! Woots!!

Berta dijo...

Wow, lots of surprises here.
First,I liked the layout of your blog because is sooooooo dark ... I wonder why you selected it (no criticism intended, BTW). It is a little challenging to read to oldies like me (not a digital native at all) but we will see how it goes.
I particularly liked your sense of humor (dark? as your page? no criticism intended #2).
What you wrote in our class blog was really a comment, not a blog entry, so your very first blog post is still very special and will be forever, don't you think?
Last surprise, I thought "writer" (a secret name for Gabriel) had used MY ACCOUNT (speaking about stealing identities today, eh?) Then I realized he had logged into the Googledocs with our collective account and that is why his name ended up here.
Well,with this long comment I guess I won't be reading you for the next three weeks (ha, ha, just kidding).

Welcome, Eduardo.

Samir Sayegh dijo...

Hi Eduardo, I think like you that we could express very freely here and talk about everything like about what to write.

Unknown dijo...

Dear Eduardo,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Sergio Mazzarelli and I teach the group of KWC students with whom you and your classmates are going to have an online exchange.

I was delighted to learn from your wiki page that you have good English, are interested in foreign countries, and like to use the Internet to study and communicate.

My students are going to start writing their pages tomorrow. After they have done that, I would be very grateful if you could look at their pages and write some comments.

I am sure you must be extremely busy, but please note that brief remarks or questions are fine. You do not need to write an essay!
Even a few words of yours will give them a great joy. They are excited about exchanging ideas with you and your classmates and learn something about Venezuelan culture.

In the meantime, on the wiki page called KWC Exchange, you can find some introductory information about our college and the place where it is located.

Thank you very much in advance for your contribution.
.
All the best,

Sergio Mazzarelli

PS
To help keep the conversation going, I would like to recommend that you try to ask a question to each of the students on whose work you may kindly comment.